Thursday, August 30, 2012

Open ... Torah for Ki Teitzei and Elul

While the sands of time count down to the beginning of a New Year and words flow freely from the keyboards of rabbis in anticipation of the Holy Day season, I hope that these words of poetry inspire you to draw closer to those you love and welcome with open arms, those you have yet to meet. Open August 2012 I open my eyes to the bright rush of sunlight Each day a new beginning I step down recalling the morning blessings and Stretch as life blood fills me with strength. Tifkach Eineinu … Open up my eyes to the beauty of the day. To the endless promises and possibilities. To the hopes and dreams Of a thousand days. Open Tifkach Eineinu … Open up my eyes to those who cry out. To the hurt and the lost. To those who see no hope No tomorrow. Open Tifkach Eineinu … Open my eyes to those who are silent. To the nameless and meek. To those with needs and no voice Just silence. Open Tifkach Yadeinu … Open my arms wide in embrace. To all those I know. To my family and friends. To the hurt and the healing To the shouter and the silent. To the stranger To self. Open -David Lipper

No comments: